Sunday, February 10, 2008

Time Flies!

I feel so relieved! I have been working 10 hours a day for the past couple of weeks preparing for my very, VERY first card making class. I was asked to teach the class for some of the gals in my church. I was soooo intimidated and terrified! I have never taught a class before and had no idea how to proceed. I knew that some of the gals had no experience with scrapbooking or card making. I AM SO NOT A CARDMAKER! I was really freaking out! LOL I didn't know where to begin.

I decided to do all the work myself. I prepared packets for the gals. Inside each packet were six baggies. Each baggie held the makings for one of the cards. I spent days cutting, measuring, hammering, glittering, stamping, gluing, and making envelopes. I wanted it to be easy for everyone to assemble. That allowed time for me to see what the gals would like to do for the next month's class.

The class went so well. I think the gals had fun. I felt so relieved. That old "fear of the unknown" sure gets the best of you if you let it! The ladies were anxious to help and anxious for the March class. I truly loved the fellowship we shared! Here is a peek:

Photobucket


I hope you have a wonderful week!

Blessings to you!

5 comments:

Lauren M. said...

Wow, that's a very pretty card! I'm sure they had a wonderful time Chris!

Veronica said...

Oh Chris,
This is fantastic. Great news and I love your card.

Jennifer Priest said...

Gl;ad it went well. I feel your pain--I teach at least 4 classes a month!! That prep can kill you! LOL Glad it all went well. Keep in touch...

Alison said...

That's a great looking card Chris! I'm glad you had fun! Please share your other cards with us. Pretty please?

Unknown said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! ps...you've been tagged!! check out my blog :)