Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Heat is On!

Ugh! The air conditioner has been running all week. The dreaded summer is just around the corner! It won't get cool again until early November *sigh.*

Nothing much is new. Our son and daughter-in-law are happy and having fun getting into the Portland (Oregon) frame of mind. They love all the things there is to do there. Vegas, when compared to Portland (or even St. George for that matter) is filled with nothing. Vegas has made it so that kids have nothing to do, and they wonder why kids are getting into trouble. Here, there are so many things for kids and families to do. It is such a joy to be where family activities are important and plentiful!

I've been playing with some new toys. I bought about 30 new stamps to play with! I've made two cards so far. It takes me almost as long to make a card as it does to make a layout. I see a problem in that, LOL!

Here are some of the things I've been working on:

My Joy


My Joy


For this layout, I wanted to include a few photos to show the action of my two boys on the state at Zion National Park. I tried to make the center strip of photos resemble postage stamps. I chose to use black and white photos so that they wouldn't compete with the colors of the layout. I used Basic Grey's Boxer line for the alpha stickers, element stickers, PPs, buttons, brads, etc. I really love the new lines.

Photobucket


Thank You Card


This is one of my new stamps. I used water colors to color the image and some Stickles for the angle wings. I thought that this was a good way to use up some of the OLD PAPER I just seem to collect and not use.

Here is the last card:

Photobucket


Thank You Card


Once again, I water colored the image. You cannot tell, but there is some depth to the apron. I think the flash washed it out. I just love these little images.

You know, my mom had a huge Hummel collection. Some were the really big ones (over 8 inches). I don't know where they are now, but these little characters just remind me of the Hummels. Each one has a little personality.

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you will return. How do I get you to leave a comment? LOL

Have a good one,

Chris

1 comment:

Alison said...

Way cute cards Chris! I know what you mean about cards sometimes taking as long to make as LO's. I'm the same way! What's up with that huh? :o)