I did a LO the other day and used part of a laser cut sheet of numerals. Well, when DH saw the remaining portion, he said, "You should make a layout with that and call it 1, 2, 3, 4 like the MAC commercial (sung by Feist)." So I did! However, I did it with a twist. This is your technique lesson for today. Who needs a HS Mask? LOL Here it is:
Glimmer Mist in at least two colors. I used gold and a deep red
tape or other adhesive
laser cut segment (mine was left over from another LO)
1 Using your piece of laser cut, secure it to your background CS so that it is flat.
2. Spray the lighter color of Glimmer Mist over the mask and cardstock.
3. Spray your contrasting color of Glimmer Mist in the areas of your preference.
4. Allow to dry. I used my heat embossing tool to expedite the process.
5. Trim down to fit your desired size.
6. Glue to your cardstock.
7. Finish your layout. That's it!
Here is the final layout:
I really like the end result. It was a great use of the left over laser cut. It was so little effort as well!
Thank you for stopping by! I've missed not blogging!