Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mid June Already?

Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday to each of you! I cannot believe how quickly time is flying by! Can you believe it is mid-June already? I am so happy that you took the time to stop by!

The weather is hot, but not over 100°, thank goodness. We had some rain and thunder toward the end of last week and over the weekend. I think I actually heard the plants and trees in my yard emit sounds of ecstasy! Poor things were fried!

DH is sick. He sounds awful. I think it's a cross between a cold and allergies. I made a big pot of chicken tortilla soup for dinner at his request. I'm so glad that he wanted soup. I love making soup and am pretty good at it! He's quietly watching the Lakers play in the basketball playoffs. There is a kitten asleep in the crook of his arm. It's soooooooooooo cute!

I did do a LO of our sweet little kitten. Of course, she's not that sweet in the middle of the night and early in the morning when she is flying across our bed! I never knew a cat could just levitate about 2 feet off the bed, do a 180° turn while in the air, land, and zoom at the speed of light to a destination unknown! My DH, after she pulled this in the middle of the night while in a frenzy, nicknamed her "Crackhead!" She was so wired. She pulled the same stunt this morning before the sun came up! Ugh!

As I wrote before, we adopted her from a local shelter. She has an eye problem called nystagmus. Her little eyeballs constantly bob up and down. I don't think she sees very well because she slams into furniture, walls, doors, us. It is so wonderful that she came to live with us as we will care for her better than any where else she may have gone. The older cat, Precious, loves her some days and not so much on other days. That all depends on the annoyance factor. Precious has a habit of flicking her tail. She's done it since we got her two years ago. Well, Little One thinks that catching the tail is a really fun game! She attacks it and bites it! Precious doesn't think it's very funny! Cedar constantly annoys Precious. There are even times when Precious is so frazzled that she gets mad at DH and myself. I know what she is thinking, "Why did you bring this animal home?" LOL Speaking of tails, Cedar's tail just keeps growing. Right now, it is longer in length than the length of her entire body from head to hip. We would wake up in the morning and think that that tail had grown two inches over night! Poor little thing doesn't quite know what to do with it! She keeps trying to catch it.

I did do a LO of Cedar. I used Basic Grey PPs for this one. I think they all came from the Origins line. I did it for a challenge to use distressing. I used several types of distressing on this LO. Here it is:

Photobucket

On this LO, I've torn paper, sanded, painted, inked, applied green Perfect Pearls to the birdcage, machine stitched, and scraped (see two corners on the photo). I wanted to make the LO match the green in her eyes. She has such interesting coloration. If you look to the right of her nose, it is white. The further away from her nose, the white changes to a pinkish color. It's like that on her bib as well. She's going to be a great feline friend.

My scrap room is still a total disaster. They haven't come to do any replacement yet. I was going to put down hardwood. Then, because I'm always dragging 35 gallon Rubbermaid storage containers out of one closet (I store my alphas and ribbons in them), I was afraid I would scratch the wood. The containers are just too heavy to lift, so I just drag them over to my scrap table. I nixed that idea and went back to carpeting I've made my choice and it's been ordered. I don't know if we're going to repaint the room. I honestly don't know what color! The interior of our entire home is painted a very nice tan (like a rich hot chocolate beverage color). I don't want to have a rainbow house with each room a different color. So, I need to be careful what I paint in that room. It should be a color that compliments the rest of the home. Any ideas? So, as of today, my stuff is in every room of the house except the two bathrooms! How the heck did I get all of my scrappy stuff in that room?

I would like to provide a word of warning concerning an internet scrap site. The name of the internet store is Stop and Scrap located in upstate New York. Here's why. I placed an order on April 20. Four weeks later, my order arrived! I tried to cancel the order after three weeks, and the owner told me it had already been pulled and was in the process of being mailed. She stated she couldn't stop the process and that it was in the mail. The postmark was after I tried to cancel. She only got her tushie into gear when I unsuccessfully tried to cancel the order! When the box finally arrived, we didn't even open it. We immediately put it into the mail and returned it. The owner received the returned box right away according to the tracking number. As of today, almost four weeks after she received the return, my credit card account has not been credited. I called Stop and Scrap and left a message to return my call. As of this evening, I have not had a return phone call. I don't know about you, but I would be very wary of ordering from this site! I know I won't be doing it anymore. I hate when people put me in this position. I do NOT like conflict. I do NOT like people taking my money and not providing the goods or service. I do NOT like people who are dishonest! Be forewarned!

Well, that's enough yammering for today. I'm glad you stopped by! I'll be posting in a few days.

Blessings,
Chris


1 comment:

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Chris I totally loved hearing your stories about your kitties! I hope that your scrappy room gets put back together quickly.

Best wishes resolving your scrappy order. I hate companies that have poor customer service too! Thank you for the warning!