Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Edwin with Stolen Heart - Magnolia-licious/Wee Stamps Challenge

Hello Sweet Readers,

It's that time again - Time for a new challenge at the Magnolia-licious/Wee Stamps Challenge Blog!. This is a really fun challenge, one you will definitely want to join. Think Father's Day NOW! Your challenge is to create a card for a boy (or dad, grandpa, brother, uncle - a male)! I just thought that was a really fun and very practical challenge! You have two weeks to complete the challenge. Please know that you must use Magnolia products on your card in order for your card to be eligible for a prize. "A prize?" you say? Yup! Our wonderful Diana Crick, who is extremely generous, has a special something for one lucky winner!



Before I share my card with you, I want to announce the Comment Winner from the last challenge entry. The winner is:

inlovinggrammahood - DONNA - #3


That's you! Please send an e-mail to me with your mailing address so I can get your prize out in the mail to you! Congratulations! I will be having another draw for a prize based on the comments left on this blog entry, too, so make sure you leave some lovin!

Now to my card! I have to say, I love, love, love this card. I love how it turned out. I surprised myself on this one. I hope you like it, too! Here is the front:

My Edwin stamp is entitled "Edwin with Stolen Heart." He's from the Sweet Crazy Love Collection. I think he is one of the most adorable Edwin stamps. Here are the links to the products used on the front of this card:

Edwin with Stolen Heart

Puffy Clouds Die

Doo-hickey So Wrapped Starlight Folded Tag

Here are the photos of the interior:



On this panel, I used items from my stash. I wanted to keep the masculine feel by adding the burlap tag. You can find the leave die here:

Magnolia Leaf and Swirl Die

Here is the right panel:



Do you just love that heart die? I love how delicate it is while being able to be made strong looking by using a dark brown color.

Memory Box Bingham Heart Die

You should take some time to visit the Magnolia-licious/Wee Stamps store. Honestly, I keep going back and finding more goodies in stock! One example would be the brand spankin' new DooBeePops Honeycomb Paper! The add a wonderful dimension to your cards! Also, Diana has a wonderful stock of Wee Stamps! These are simply adorable images. Check them out!

I hope you had a nice visit! Don't forget to leave a comment if you want to be included in the draw for a prize from me! You will LOVE the prize!!!!

Love to you,

Chris

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Craft Room Challenge - Something for a Man
ends 3/2
Flonzcraft - blue, brown, beige
- ends 3/1
Here Come the Boys #46 - Layers - ends March 1

Ribbon Girls - Anything Goes - ends 3/1

Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia - #63 - With Love - ends 3/1

29 comments:

Suzan L said...

Hi Chris, your card is so adorable! I love how you used the Scrabble tiles and the Viewmaster wheel.
Hugs,
Suzan

Christina C. said...

This is absolutely stunning, Chris....outstanding design work!!! I also love this cute Edwin and you colored him magnificently. Love, love this gorgeous creation!!!!!

Cathy Lee said...

OMGoodness, Chris. You make such beautiful cards and I love how you draft the inside panels! Edwin looks adorable and love the little scabble tiles. Fabulous viewmaster slide. Is that vintage? This is a true work of art.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous, I love the scene you've created, such a sweet card Chris
Hugs Julie P

Candy said...

Fantastic card Chris!!
Love your scene and your brightly coloured Edwin.
Your design is Fantastic.
The inside is wonderful too.
Love the Viewmaster slide :o) and scrabble tiles.
You always have such great ideas and embellishments!
Big Hugs, Candy

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Love!!! Great job:)

Chris said...

This is amazing. Love it!

Eulanda said...

OH MA GAWD GF!! I FREAKIN' LOVE THIS CARD!! Just everything about it! Your coloring RAWKS! All your little details are just incredible right down to the stitching on the layers. You watch now everyone is going to start looking for those viewfinder slides. LOL! Well I am anyway!! WOW you nailed this challenge!! BIG HUGS!!

NPurdum56 said...

Amazing card! I love your use of embellishments! Handsome! :) Nancee

Karen said...

Love it! So much fun stuff to look at! : )

Rosie said...

Oh my word girl!!! Seriously, this is over the top AMAZING!!! I LOVE all the details and the tiles and the layers! Hugs, Rosie

Kelly said...

I love both of your cards, your ideas are so fun. I love your attention to details too, they make your cards so beautiful.
Hugs Kelly

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

I got here as soon as I could. I'm sick and all but I had to come and shout DIBBS to this one lol! HIGH FIVE on the great detail Chris. The person to get this one is soooooo lucky :)

HUGZ
Ruby

RenateKreativ said...

Beautiful card, love it.
Hugs Renate

loz said...

Fabulous card Chris..Loz

Monique said...

Beautifull card Chris!

Hugs Monique

Rene said...

Wow wow wow WOW!!! Ok, where to start??? First, I use to LOVE those film things...viewfinders? Is that what they were called? Oh man, they were AWESOME! How perfect is it there? And Edwin...well, he's stolen MY heart...hope he doesn't hop into his treehouse or I'll never get it back (as I'm quite sure I won't fit!)! Chris this is a new favorite of mine...just fabulous!
Rene :D

Silvia(Barnie) said...

All of your cards are wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at Flonz Craft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

Mojca said...

waw such a gorgeous card! fabulous colouring. Thank you for joining us at Here Comes The Boys. Hugs! Mojca

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully designed card Chris! Love that darling treehouse in the background. All your details are perfect! hugs, Angela

cabio's craft corner said...

Fun and awesome card Chris. Love the mixture of paper and canvas materials inside. The slide is such a cool add on element on your project!!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

Just stunning! Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Here Come The Boys, Good Luck with the Challenge Woo xx

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous Edwin card - it's so nice – thank you so much for joining in with the February Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only Challenge, Mary x

Laura said...

Another gorgeous card inside and out. I love how colorful Edwin and the treehouse are, and then the muted colors everywhere else. Give the whole card a masculine yet happy feel.

Laura C.

Claire said...

Wow what a gorgeous card, love all the details. Thanks for joining us at Flonzcraft VSC this month
Claire xx

Karen said...

Your card is awesome! I love all the elements you have incorporated in your design. Quite a fun scene....

Karen

Liefs Ineke said...

Your creation is beautiful. Thanks for joining Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia.

Hugs Ineke

hazel said...

Super cards. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! this is an amazing card Chris, fantastic layout, colouring and the inside is just as striking. I love this to bits.
Hugs
Suzi x