Sunday, December 2, 2007

Brrrrr! Fall Has Gotten Nippy!

The mountains are all blanketed in a layer of white. It looks just beautiful outside. It just gets me in the mood for Christmas!
Our exterior lights just make the house seem festive and inviting. Love this season!

I promised you a new mini lesson. I'm late, but here it is!

CIRCLE PUNCH POSIES


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Here is a sweet idea for making a flower using two different sized circle punches. For my flower, I’ve used a one inch circle punch and a 1 1/4 inch circle punch. I found that these two sizes work very well together. Here’s what to do:

Materials:

2 circle punches
2 different PPs or one that is double sided
ink
pop dots
button
adhesive

Process:

1. Punch out 12 one inch circles.
2. Punch out two 1 1/4 inch circles.
3. Ink the edges of all the circles. You can do both sides if you wish.
4. Decide which circles will be your upper layer and which your bottom layer.
5. Take one of the larger circles and overlap your six smaller circles. Glue them
around the edge of the larger circle. Overlapping as needed. There should be a
nice little pentagon shape in the center.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6. Using your other large circle, repeat using the remainder of your circles.
7. Roll and pinch each petal in your upper level to create a nice curl in the petals. I rolled mine around my piercing tool.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

8. Decide on the placement of your upper layer on the bottom layer. The petals should NOT line up but alternate in their position.
9. Attach a pop dot or more to the underside of the upper layer. Place this layer on top of your bottom layer.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

10 Glue a nicely sized button to the center of your flower.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Tah Dah! You’re done.

Now, you can make nifty little flowers to add to your layouts or even your handmade cards!

Have a good one!

16 comments:

Laura S. said...

This is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

bruinbr said...

this is such a cute idea! totally love it! :)

Christina said...

LOVE that flower thanks for sharing!! You are SO lucky to have snow!! I would love to see a little of that white stuff instead of all the rain we are getting!! :(

Jana Eubank said...

Cute flowers! I'm so going to use this idea. Thanks!

twinsand2boys said...

Too cute! Ive gotta make one of those! Thanks for the mini lesson!

Unknown said...

Just adorable - thanks for the tip!

Morgan said...

Wow, so cute!! I need to get some big punches, I don't have any... maybe my lil bro will get them for me for Christmas.

wendy said...

This is a great idea. They are so cute and the button is adorable...thanks!!

Nicole said...

Love those! I gotta try that!

Michon said...

Great flower~~ Love this idea TFS~

Alison said...

I love that flower and totally want to make one now!!!

Going For Greatness said...

How darling! I will give it a shot!
Oh. UTAH!! *sigh* my old neighbor!!
I grew up in Aspen, CO...I sure miss that area of the country!!!
Snow in NJ is just not at ALL like CO/UT snow.... not at ALL!!! *sigh*
Have a lovely weekend!
~Gabi

Peggy said...

these are very cute! thanks for posting this

Pam said...

Awww! Those are adorable Chris! Thanks for the lesson!

Lauren M. said...

Hey Chris - saw a call for handmade flower embellishments over at Creating Keepsakes and thought of your cute little flower. You should submit it! http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=80232

Veronica said...

oh i love love love this