Monday, September 5, 2011

Paper Creations Ink Guest Designer!

It was such a sweet surprise to be asked to be the Guest Desiger for Challenge #8 at Paper Creations ink. I have to tell you, I was a bit apprehensive because I was going to use digital images! I was so worried I'd not do it right. I only have an ink jet printer, so I took the images to a copy shop and had them printed using their laser printer. That was a good choice because I could use my distress inks!

Here are the details on this fun challenge if you'd like to join in the fun! The theme is Vintage/Distressed. You can use any image you'd like. It can be an ATC, scrapbook page, card, or other crafty entry as long as it has paper which you've incorporated into the challenge of Vintage/Distressed.

The challenge runs fro today until Sept. 18. There is a nice little digi gift certificate prize for you, too! Come on, give it a go!

Here is my card for inspiration:




I used paper from several different manufacturers. The CS in Bazzill. The large pearls are Martha Steward. The small pearl string is from my stash. I used Distress inks to ink the background papers as well as color the stamped image. The corner is by Dress It Up. The tag is from K & Co. The flowers, I believe, are from Prima.

Thanks for stopping by!

Chris



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Chris, you.ve done a wonderful job
Hugs Julie P

Anonymous said...

Chris, I love your card it is stunning a very well designed card, thank you for such a beautiful creation for PCI challenge.

Jean said...

Oh Chris, a beautiful job.. Love, love the vintage look as it is my favorite type.. want to just do that but just can't with all the little stamps we have, but this is just too gorgeous and adore all your embellishments.. They are so perfect and go with your design so well.. A perfect card...
Hugs, Jean

Arts by Sara said...

Hello Chris... Your card is awesome! I love how you colored your image with Distress Inks! And all of your embellishments are just perfect! Thank You for being a wonderful Guest DT for us! Have a wonderful week! Happy Creating! Sara

Sandy said...

Well honey child - you sure have created a beautiful card - gorgeous lace. And yes, we southern belles like our pearls. Great design work!
Sandy

Unknown said...

Oh my word Chris this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! What a fabulous card!!!! The colors are beautiful!!!!Love that vintage look!!!!! Amazing job!!!!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

This is absolutely stunning!! I love the intricate detail you put into your work! It's been so long since I've visited your blog, and I hope you've been well.