Monday, September 24, 2012

Magnolia-licious Inspiration Challenge - Use Buttons!

Hello sweet readers,

How are you this fine Tuesday? It's officially Fall! Woo-hoo! This is the start of my favorite time of the year which lasts until late March! The downside is that the natural lighting in my craft room is now really poor since the angle of the sun is so different now. That means relying on electricity. I know my photos will look dull and flat now. Ugh!

Before we get to the Button Challenge details, the winner of the last random draw (chosen from those who left comments) is...

#14 - MYRNA


Myrna, if you will e-mail your address to me, I'll get something out to you shortly! My e-mail is to the right.

DISCLAIMER: My husband while watching a football game in the family room was asked to pick a number. If you didn't win, blame him! LOL

Our new challenge at The Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog is to find inspiration by using buttons in your design! How fun is that? You will have two weeks to complete the challenge. One lucky gal will win... **drumroll please,**

>

How fun would that be to win? I love, love, love surprises! Diana is so very generous. I hope you will take the time to do a little creating! Make sure your card has a Magnolia image as well as buttons. That's all there is! Here is the inspiration photo to get those creative juices flowing:



Here is my card design based on the button inspiration:



For my card, I chose to modify my Tilda with Heart Balloons stamp. Then, I replaced the balloons with buttons. I layered the "ground," and added some punched Autumn leaves as well as a die cut fence, tree, and little flowers. The following products may be found in Diana's amazingly supplied store:

Tilda with Heart Balloons - Sweet Crazy Love Collection

Spruce Doo-hickey die - Sweet Christmas Dreams 2011 Collection

Magnolia Cloudy Sky paper from the Bon Voyage 2010 Collection

Fence

Let's look at the interior panels. I had a lot of fun with the top one. I remembered I had a bag of chipboard buttons. My sweet husband found the Rubbermaid bucket that holds my chipboard and after emptying the entire bucket, I found the package of buttons at the very bottom! LOL Figures, huh? I took the button paper that I used for the card and glued it to the chipboard to cover the top surface. Then, I covered it with Crystal Accents (I think that is what it is called), and allowed it to dry for 36 hours just to be safe. Add a doily, a tag, ribbon, buttons, and flowers, and the top was done! Here is the photo:



You can find the Doohickey Scalloped Tag here.

Here is a photo of the bottom panel:



As usual, I kept this panel simple so that the person sending it can add a personal message.

I hope you will take the time to visit the other Design Team Members' blogs and see their gorgeous creations! We love to shop at Magnolia-licious and take full advantage of poor Diana by making sure we get our 2% credit dollars, Diana's wonderful prices, preorder opportunities, and free shipping on orders over $75! I love those credit dollars. I've been so surprised when I wanted to get something and there was the money right there for me to use without actually spending it from my wallet! Diana had saved it for me!

Thank you so much for visiting. I hope you will leave a comment for me. I can't wait to see what you create!

XO,

Chris

21 comments:

Suzan L said...

Hi Chris, your card is so darling inside and out! I love the scene that you created on the front! How cute to use the buttons as balloons! Have a wonderful week Sweetie!
Hugs,
Suzan

Cathy Lee said...

This is such a cute card, Chris. I love the cirle design which is perfect for the Buttons challenge. Tilda is adorable and I love her coloring and all those darling buttons.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Eulanda said...

I love that this is so colorful and using the buttons as balloons? So clever! Gorgeous coloring too. Hugs!

Madge said...

Hi Chris,
This is so creative, both inside and out! GOR-JUS!
BTW, thank you for your comment for my friend Barb on my blog. She was so surprised and very pleased.
~ rubber hugz ~

Only By His Grace said...

Very creative Chris. I love the use of the buttons for the balloons.
colouring is beautiful.
Hugs maz

Candy said...

Oh Chris,
Your card is delightful!!
I love the bright cheery colours, and Tilda's wonderful
Red cheeks from playing outside.
Your card shape is perfect for this challenge. NEAT button paper :o)
You even have a button charm * grin.
LOVE your card and great design.
Big hugs, Candy

stampingtink said...

Great way to use those buttons! Beautiful shape on the card and great coloring.

cabio's craft corner said...

Your card is so adorable Chris. Love the colorful flowers and the fun buttons are awesome :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Norma said...

Wonderful shaped card, Chris. Beautifully decorated inside as well as outside. Love how you've substituted the balloons with buttons for the challenge. Very ispiring.
Hugs,
Norma

Suzi Mac said...

This is so pretty Chris, I love the shape and that sweet Tilda is just as cute as a button.
Hugs
Suzi x

Pam said...

I love your cute card Chris. The coloring is beautiful and the use of the buttons is soooo creative.
Hugs.....Pam:)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Love all the buttons and bright colors! hugs, Angela

Rene said...

Awww, how cute! Love the button substitution...great idea!!!!
Rene :D

Christina C. said...

Well, look at that magnificently shaped masterpiece!!!! Very creative work, Chris! Beautiful papers, a stunning Tilda and such fabulous details all contribute to a gorgeous creation!

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Fabulous card and love the colors and this Tilda image. Love the button balloon idea, I will need to try that too.
Blessings Doreen

Karen said...

I love your card! It is so bright and cheery. Love it.

Karen

Linda Palmer said...

This is so beautiful inside and outside. Your coloring is always beautiful and this design is fabulous. I love this card.

Myrna I said...

Hi Chris, love your card! The buttons for balloons are adorable. Love Tilda's orange dress!
I read my name and had to reread it three times! I actually went and counted down the comments just to make sure it was me! Been a rough week and this is a wonderful surprise!
Thank you!

RenateKreativ said...

Hi Chris, your card is so darling inside and out. She makes me happy. Tilda is so adorable and your buttonballons are great. Perfect for buttonchallenge.
Hugs Renate

cathylynn said...

HI Chris, This card is gorgeous inside and out. Love what you did with the buttons. Great work!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Anonymous said...

What a delightful scene, very pretty card
Hugs julie P