Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tilda with Big Tulips Birthday Challenge Card

Hello Sweeties,

Well, the weather has just done a huge turn around for us. How about you? Did you get snow, wind, rain? We had a bit of everything! Stay warm!

Before I go to my card, I want to announce the winner of the surprise from me! This time, #10 was generated. The winner will receive a new Magnolia stamp from me! The winner is:

CATHY LEE


Cathy, please e-mail your address to me so I can get your stamp out to you! Congratulations!

Today is the start of our new challenge at Magnolia-licious. This is an exciting time for all as we're beginning with a blended Design Team, revamped Challenge Blog, new challenges, and some new products! Can you tell we're all excited? Just look at the Design Team's gorgeous creations made to inspire you!

Our challenge theme for the first challenge this month is for you to create a birthday card. I made mine for a dear friend who loves the color purple. Each year, I create a purple card just for her. We would love for you to join in the challenge. Just be sure to use a Magnolia stamp and/or Doohickey die(s). If there aren't any Magnolia products included, your sweet creation won't be included in the draw for a wonderful surprise from Diana, the owner of Magnolia-licious You have until February 25 to get your entry in! This is a really fun challenge!

I'd love to share my birthday card with you!



For the front of my card, I chose to use Tilda with Big Tulips which is available here. Isn't she just adorable? I have mounted her on a spring so that she has movement from left to right when flicked. I love texture, so I embossed the mat behind Tilda. I used lots of layering and pretty flowers and lace. I just love using the Magnolia Doohickey Die - Tilda's Doily Die. It just adds a bit of crispness to the layout. You can find this great die here. There is also a Magnolia tag tucked behind the mat. The eyelet border is an older Magnolia Die. The swirly bow is a newer die.

Here is a look at the inside:



I wanted the interior to be dramatic, so I used the darker cardstock with my dies. I used the space on the right to include a special message for my friend. I hope you like what I've created to inspire you.

Guess what? MAGNOLIA-LICIOUS is now offering WEE STAMPS! Look at these adorable stamps. I was amazed at the details. Be sure to check them out and get your order in before they are gone! You'll love working with them! Also, while you are there, make sure you order your Magnolia Easter Collection stamps!

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you will join the new challenge, visit Magnolia-licious and check out the new stamps.

XO,

Chris

23 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous creation!!!

Sheri said...

Purple is my favorite color..so the beauty must be mine!! LOL Love your coloring on this Chris!! :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful, Chris!! I really do need to use the color purple more often. I just need to put it in my head to buy more purple paper so I have the opportunity! Gorgeous coloring and design!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card, Chris! I love the colors you've chosen and her little eyelashes look so cute. hugs, Angela

Suzan L said...

Hi Chris, your card is gorgeous! I love all the details that you have added inside and out, especially the wonderful die cuts! Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Suzan

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful birthday card Chris. Love not only the front design, but the inside card looks just as fabulous :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Only By His Grace said...

Lovely card Chris. I love the purple.
Super inside and out.
I love this Tilda.
hugs maz

Cathy Lee said...

OMG!!! Are you kiddin' me, Chris! I haven't made my rounds to all you girls yet. Just got home from the office...again.
I just love your Tilda card and fabulous coloring, Hun. Those eyelashes are spectacular. I'm doing that for my next card. I love those gorgeous papers, purple and green is so springy.
Thank you so much for the surprise, Sweetie!
BIG MAGGIE HUGZ,
Cath

Candy said...

Hi Chris!
You are going to knock the socks of your girlfriend with this magnificent card!
Tilda is beautifully coloured!!
Love your papers, embellishments and the INSIDE of your card! You have made a very dramatic impact.
Much Love, Candy

Kelly said...

Your card is so ornate with those die cuts and the colors are fabulous. I love her eyelashes too.
Hugs Kelly

Christina C. said...

WOW.....!!!! Chris, this is absolutely gorgeous. Love the colors and your details are luscious, inside and out! A most stunning work of art!

loz said...

Gorgeous card and colors..Loz

lovingrammahood said...

Absolutely stunning. I love the dramatic inside !!!! The coloring is so lovely and your dies etc....fantastic :)

love it
Donna

Chris said...

OMG this is gorgeous.

RenateKreativ said...

Gorgeous card, love all your beautiful details.
Hugs Renate

cathylynn said...

My goodness this is beautiful inside and out. Chris your coloring is wonderful and all of the dies that you used are fantastic! Love it all!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Anonymous said...

I just love the colours and papers, beautifully done inside and out
hugs Julie P

NPurdum56 said...

What a cute card! I love how you completed the inside of the card too! Too cute! :) Nancee

Karen said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! Beautifully done. Now I want spring even more.

Karen

Laura said...

This is so pretty and I love how you finish the insides of your cards (I don't seem to have the patience). Beautiful coloring of Tilda!

Laura

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Chris, just catching up with all you lovely ladies, this is one stunning card my dear. Beautiful layout, colouring and the inside is gorgeous. Hope you are having a lovely day.
Hugs

Eulanda said...

Oooo I seen this card everywhere and was thinking how striking that gorgeous purple looks! Am lovin' that gorgeous lace too. So funny that Cathy Lee won!! hee hee Hugs!

Helen said...

such a beautiful card!!! Adorable Tilda image! ~H