Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Goldie Celebrates Wee Wednesday at Magnolia-licious!

Hello Sweet Readers,

Happy "Hump Day" to each of you! This is my second post in as many days! Can you believe that?

Today is Wee Wednesday at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!Some of the gals have created adorable cards using these oh-so-sweet Wee Stamps by Sylvia Zet. Maybe you will find some inspiration in these adorable projects! Did you know that Diana now carries Wee Stamps at Magnolia-licious? If you haven't checked them out, you really should! Diana has great prices AND you get store credit which accumulates with each purchase until you decide to use your saved credit in the store! How cool is that?

I chose to use Wee #101 - Goldie for my card. I love that I can use this image for lots of different purposes. I chose "Celebrate" on today's card. I can, however, see it used for a "Thinking of You" card or a "Get Well Card." They are so versatile! I dressed the card up with a cluster of silver sequins which add a bit of additional sparkle to the image. The center of each sequin holds a clear rhinestone. I have had a box of sequins for about 15 years! They just sat up in my closet awaiting a time to use them! Well, the time is NOW! I also used a fine glitter on the large air bubble as well as the one beneath the snail. I applied dark pink Kindyglitz glitter glue for the flowers and bubbles above the snail. Here she is:







I just love the soft pink and blue together. I chose to have lots of layering, machine stitching, gorgeous flowers, an adorable seahorse charm, sparkle, and texture! The sparkle on the image panel is just perfect. The clear glitter just draws the eye right to the stamped image. The sequins just add another type of texture. I love using them! I know I'll be using them even more!

Here are the inside images:







I have used the following products on my card:

Wee Stamps - 101 - Goldie

Doohickey Cutting Die - 81 - Vintage Box Lacing Chocolate Die

Magnolia Horn Shell Stamp - Summer and Sea Collection - Currently out of stock

Scallop Shell - Summer and Sea Collection - Currently out of stock

Sea Star - Summer and Sea Collection - Currently out of stock

Thank you for stopping by! I hope that you gain a bit of inspiration from my card. Let me know what you think!

Have a good one!

XO,

Chris

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges: Party Time Tuesdays - #117 - Tic-Tac-Toe - ends 4/29 - glitter, flower, die cuts

Bunny Zoe Crafts - April Challenge - Favorite Color Combo (pale pink & pale blue) - ends 5/12

20 comments:

Suzi Mac said...

Another fabulous creation Chris, love this wee cutie, your papers, flowers and the inside is just as pretty.
Hugs
Suzi x

Sarah - Crea S said...

Oh wat a cutie! The pink and blue are so great togheter. Lovely flowers you've used. The stamps are also great! Really a perfect card to celebrate!

http://littlecreass.blogspot.be

Mojca said...

Waw so very pretty. the image is so cute and you coloured it so beautifully. hugs! MOjca

Rene said...

I love Wee Stamps...they're so sweet!!! Love your pretty card!
Rene ;D

Regina said...

Chris!! I also love wee !!! and.. I love your card!! It´s adorable!!
Hugs

Katie said...

So so cute Chris! The pink and blue is a favorite of mine too. I love the flower cluster and the mesh underlay, adds so much!

Susan L said...

She is such a sweetie and the colors are so beautiful. I love all your detail as well. Great job! So glad you joined us for this Challenge.

Happy Scrappin'

Sue B
http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

Candy said...

Beautiful card, Chris! Love the pink and blue colours. Your colouring is wonderful. the inside is as pretty as the outside. I hear sequins are the 'in thing' these days. Yours with the rhinestones are precious. Gorgeous papers :o)
Big Hugs, Candy

Mei said...

LOVE the image you used, and all the embellishments goes so well together, its such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

Mei
LTC DT
Anyone for Anya DT
Creative Card Crew DT
Crazy Challenge DT

Kelly said...

She is so sweet and I love the pink hair. The papers are so pretty with her and the design is fabulous with the wee image.
Hugs Kelly

Christina C. said...

This is GORGEOUS....adore this sweetly colored image! Beautiful design and details!

loz said...

Fabulous card and coloring Chris..Loz

Nicole said...

Wow Chris you make lovely and beautiful and gorgeous cards too. I just love them. Big hugs, Nicole

NPurdum56 said...

This is gorgeous Chris! I love the pink and blue together! I love the details on the inside of the card as well as the outside! Beautiful! :) Nancee

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, I love the choice of papers, so soft and girly, very sweet card, just perfect inside and out
Hugs Julie P

Cathy Lee said...

Adorable card, Chris. Love how you colored your image, especially her hair. She's like right out of a fairy tale. Gorgeous embellies around her and fabulous elements on the inside. Love the shell stamps.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Franz♥ said...

Fab creation Chris! Love the colour combo and every little detail, you made it perfect hun!

Thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at Bunny Zoe's Crafts for our Monthly Challenge this week :)

Hugs, Franz.

cabio's craft corner said...

Chris, this is such an adorable card. Love the eye soothing coloring and the sparkly bubbles. Love it :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Really something special
gorgeous card,
love it
hugs Tamara

Christy Designs said...

Pretty card Chris !
I love your color combo and all the detail here.