Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Magnolia Tilda Likes Rainy Weather

Hello Sweet Readers,

It's time for a new challenge at the Magnolia-licious/Wee Stamps Challenge Blog! The challenge for this two week period is to create a card with a WEATHER THEME. I chose to use two Magnolia Tilda stamps under an umbrella and also have a weather related sentiment. I did, however, want my sentiment to be supportive and positive.

Before I share my card with you, I wanted you to know, in case you didn't know already, that Magnolia-licious has a "Deal of the Day!" How about that? Each day, Diana posts a new item on the store's Home Page. This item has been significantly reduced in price making it a real deal and steal! Be sure to check it out each and every day!

Now for my weather themed card. I chose two Tildas and masked them together. I thought both of these little darlings were such a perfect pairing. Both images were painted and look so much better IRL, LOL. Here is the front of my card:



I drew little raindrops and glittered them so they would sparkle. The umbrella has a pale pink underside with a glittered polka dot pattern on the top. I used lots of layering, flowers, and a sweet umbrella charm. On the peak of the umbrella, I added a pink enameled metal charm.

Here are the images for the inside:



I've had this umbrella die for quite some time just saving it for this card. It's hard to see, but it has embossed dots on the top. Don't you love the umbrella paper? I thought it was so pretty when I got it. Again, bought with this challenge in mind. I love the Doohickey die border. It just adds nice texture.

Here is the final photo. This is of the bottom of the card's interior.



I thought that this particular sentiment would be so appropriate for those times when a friend needs support. I love cards that give strength and love to others. I chose to use part of a new Doohickey die - Lace Coaster. The only thing that bugged me about it was that it is not a true circle. It is wider at some areas than others. There is a hidden tag behind the yellow panel.

I have used the following products available at Magnolia-licious. Just click the link to be taken right to the item!

3016 - Tilda with Heart Balloons

294 - Tilda with Balloon

DH#1 - Vintage Tag Doohickey Die

DH#81 - Vintage Box Lacing Chocolate Doohickey Die

DH#84 - Lace Coaster Doohickey Die

DH#10 - Berry Lace Doohickey Die

I hope you like my creation. If you leave a comment for me, your name will be entered into a draw for a special gift from Diana.


Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you will add a card to the Weather Challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!

XO,

Chris

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Lovely HAnglar or Sweet Magnolia Challenge #69 - ends 5/24 - photo inspiration - I chose the colors, pink, teal (or is it blue?), and yellow

Dutch Magnolia Lovers - #57 - ends 5/24 - Inspired by a song - What About Us by the Saturdays - includes lyric "...whatever the weather we gon' be better together..." I had to modify it because I couldn't stand the bad grammar! LOL

Tilda's Town #52 - ends 5/16 - Something Old and Something New (old are my Tilda stamps while new are the dies)

Midweek Magnolias #60 - ends 5/15 - die cuts or punches (I have them on front and on the inside)

Wild Orchid Crafts #76 ends 5/18 - 3 or more different flowers

19 comments:

loz said...

WOW!!! Stunning card Chris..Loz

Kelly said...

Gorgeous colors and I love the paper with those two!! Cute as can be.
Hugs Kelly

Cordine said...

Stunning card Chris!
Could you tell me which song you card is based on?
Thanks for joining us at DML!
Hugs
Cordine

Rene said...

Lol! I LOOOVE it! I love her little arm peeking out to grab some rain! They are quite the duo! Fantastic Chris!
Rene :D

Christina C. said...

WOW...this is beyond precious! Love the paper and your Tildas are gorgeous!!!!! Absolutely phenomenal, Chris!

stampingwithpeggie.blogspot.com said...

How cute are these two Tildas under the umbrella. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

I love your combination of stamps, such pretty paper too, very sweet indeed
Hugs Julie P

Candy said...

Beautiful card, Chris!
Wonderful papers and umbrella dies.
Fantastic masking job.
Love all of your embellishments.
Big Hugs, Candy

Nicole said...

WOW, such a B-E-A-Utiful card. I love you're colouring. It looks gorgeous!! Hugs, Nicole

cathylynn said...

What a cute duo! Great colors too. As always you have created another beautiful card.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Cathy Lee said...

Awesome card, Chris. I've been meaning to stop by and have a look at all your beauties. I love how you paired your Tildas under the umbrella, so clever. As for the die cuts, well, they are all just fabulous. Darling papers, this is such a fun, colorful, and springy collection. Fabulous job on the inside!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Rene said...

Me again! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tilda's Town! Good luck!
Rene ;D

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the dies.

Karen

Eulanda said...

OMG Chris this is gorgeous! I turned my laptop towards my sister this morning (I'm visiting her for he week) and and I said "who does this remind you of?". BIG grin as she squeals "YOU AND ME!" LOL!! So we love your card and I love your coloring too. Nice job!! Hugs!

Teresa said...

Oh wow this is so pretty Chris, thank you for sharing with us at Midweek Magnolias 'die-cuts and punches' challenge, good luck in the draw.
Hugs Teresa

NPurdum56 said...

Chris this is adorable! :) Nancee

Norma said...

Gorgeous card, Chris. Love the pairing of these two Tildas. Beautifully coloured. Wonderful combo of cheerful colours. Gorgeous embellishments. Did you crochet that flower yourself? The inside is beautiful decorated as well.
Hugs,
Norma

Unknown said...

Wow this card is fantastic, I love all details. The umbrella are lovely.
Francy

Kathleen said...

Beautiful, uplifting card! Love that you finished the inside too.