Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sitting Tilda with Butterfly Birthday Card




Good morning, dearest readers,

Can you believe that February has ended? My goodness, is time flying by for you, too? It just seems like yesterday that I was getting ready for Valentine's Day! When we were children, I think time dragged on because there was so much to learn. Now, as adults, we are learning, but not at the rate we did as children so time is flying by! Perhaps I should try to fit in more things to learn! I feel like Summer just ended and here Spring is - knocking at the door!

Well, enough chatter! LOL Today begins a new challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Our challenge this time is entitled, Bling It Up! This is the time to make your cards sparkle in some way. You can use gems, rhinestones, glitter, etc. Your card just needs to have bling on it! That's nice and easy peasy, right?

For my card, I used lots of glitter. Sadly, you can't see it in the photo. *sigh* I also used Frantage with shiny gold specks in it. Here is my design:



I used a Spellbinders Die set for the shape of my card and the mats. Also used is a lovely square doily as well as a rounded one. I used Sitting Tilda with Butterfly from the Once Upon a Time Collection. I also inked the borders of the mats. The paper I used, inside and out, is from Maja Sofiero. I so love this paper! I can't get enough of it! The Fran-tage is Antique White. I've applied it to the butterfly border as well as the three tiny butterflies which are on the right side. The glitter I used is a lilac color made by Kindyglitz (Do they still make Kindyglitz?) and Star Dust Stickles. The glitter in on Tilda's headband, on the butterfly wings, and along the perimeter of the sentiment. My card is finished with some beautiful lace, ribbon, and pretty flowers. Tilda has been colored with Distress Inks.

I hope you like my card. I hope I've provided some inspiration for you as well. This time, both design teams (A & B) are showcasing cards for inspiration. I hope you will visit the blogs of my teamies and see what lovely cards they've also created to share. We combined our work this time because, **drum roll,** next week we're having the

Magnolia-licious Spring Blog Hop!


You will NOT want to miss that! Mark your calendar for Monday, March 3! Check in at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog to find out all the details and where to begin the hop! The designers have been busy making lovely items to share!

I hope you will leave a comment for me below. There is always a winner selected by Magnolia-licious who will win a wonderful prize from Diana!



Well, That's about it for me! Thank you for stopping by. I hope that you will come back again! Please become a follower of my blog, if you aren't already. Also, you can follow me on Facebook under Chrissy Christensen! We can be f-r-i-e-n-d-s! LOL ((hugs to all))

Have a great week!

XO,

Chris

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

11 comments:

Cathy Lee said...

Fabulous card, Chris. I so love this Tilda. Fabulous coloring and beautiful design. This definitely makes me think of Spring.
Hugz,
Cath

Barb Hardeman said...

Stunning card Chrissy! I love all the layers and the square lace design. Awesome work on this card...hugs...Barb

Suzi Mac said...

Stunning card Chris, love the pink and lilac colour combo, your attention to all the sweet details makes it so pretty. Hugs Suzi x

Candy said...

Wow!
Absolutely FANTASTIC!!
Big Hugs, Candy

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! Just love the soft colors. So elegant.

Karen

Karen said...

This is absolutely stunning!!! Love, love, love it!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, I love all the gorgeous details and beautiful soft colours ,very sweet my friend
Hugs Julie P

Cindy :) said...

its gorgeous Chris....love every little detail :)

Barbara (Jamie) Gudermuth said...

Beautiful, feminine card. Beautiful use of lace and bling. I love it!

Hugs,
Barb

Melanie Smith said...

Love all the details in your card. The dies really make it stand out. Pure perfection!

NPurdum56 said...

Oh Chris this is so pretty! Gorgeous card with such pretty details! Nancee :)