Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tilda with Cozy Heart Sends Birthday Wishes


Helo Dearest Readers,

I hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday! Did you celebrate St. Patrick's Day yesterday? We had corned beef, cabbage, carrots, and potatoes for dinner. It was wonderful!

I have some exciting news to share with you! I have been invited to join the DT at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog! I was so surprised and am so lucky to be working with such a sweet group of artists!

This is my first inspiration card for the ASC Blog! The challenge this time is Buttons, Bows, and Bling! What a fun way to use some of those buttons you've been saving! I hope you will check out the Challenge Blog and see the lovely cards that DT "B" has created for you! Here is my card:



This card was fun to make! Here are the details. My Tilda is Tilda with Cozy Heart from the 2012 Sweet Crazy Love Collection. You can purchase her at Magnolia-licious. Diana does have her in stock and she does ship internationally! Tilda has been colored with Distress Inks. I used patterned paper for the heart that Tilda is holding. The paper I used for the mats on the card is Maja Design. I loved the gray as I wanted the card to be for a male. I've added a doily, gray crinkled seam binding, lots of pearls and punched flowers, a beautiful gray felt flower, two silver and pearl buttons from my stash, and a silver peel off Happy Birthday Sticker that is elevated using pop dots. The mat behind Tilda has been dry embossed using a heart embossing folder. There is also a hidden tag behind the mat. I cut the tag using the Romantic Tag Doohickey Die which you can find here. Matching the Romantic Tag is the matching Doohickey border. The inside of the card is also finished using the Maja papers, seam binding, etc. I hope you like it!

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love a comment if you have the time. Please stop by the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog and enter your card! This is Challenge #78 - Buttons, Bows, and Bling!

XO,

Chris

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Such a wonderful and lovely card Chris and we are soooo happy to have on our team. Hugs, Nicole

Karen said...

Congrats on your new dt possition!! They are lucky to have you! Your card is gorgeous!! : )

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Chris, I love the embossing and sweet little flowers, beautifully done, Congratulations on the DT they are lucky to have you
Hugs Julie P

Gabysas said...

Hello is beautiful card telling me the Might embossing using these heart-

NPurdum56 said...

Congrats! What a pretty card! Tilda is adorable!!! Nancee :)

Barb Hardeman said...

OMG! Chrissy this is fabulous, just fabulous! Your coloring is amazing and very striking against the white background. I love what you did with the little flowers, repeating the shape of Tilda's heart. You go girl!!! Hugs, Barb HE>i

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! Congrats on your new DT position.

Karen