I am so happy that you have joined the Magnolia-licious Winter/Holiday Blog Hop. You should have gotten here from
If you haven't come via Jane's blog, please go back to the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and find the Blog Hop List which gives you the Blog Hop order. If you have come here via Jane's blog, then you've certainly seen some lovely projects along the way! There are more to see, so keep hopping!
Here are a few details to help you win one of the two $50 Gift Certificates to the Magnolia-licious Store -
• THERE IS A HIDDEN NUMBER IN EACH BLOG HOP POST. YOU ARE TO FIND EACH OF THE NUMBERS AND TOTAL THEM UP. Submit your total to firstname.lastname@example.org. One lucky gal, chosen at random from the correct answers, will win a $50 gift certificate to the Magnolia-licious Store!
• JOIN US WITH A NEWLY CREATED HOLIDAY/WINTER THEMED PROJECT OF YOUR OWN, AND UPLOAD IT TO THE MAGNOLIA-LICIOUS CHALLENGE BLOG. One lucky gal will also win a $50 gift certificate to the Magnolia-licious Store!
• To qualify for a prize you must:
1. Like us on our Magnolia-licious Facebook Page
2. Leave a comment on each DT member's post during the hop.
3. At the end of the hop, return to the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and leave a comment there as well.
Would you like to see my project? Here it is:
My door knobber is quite long. It is made of MDF making it VERY sturdy! I decoupaged the pretty vintage looking paper to both the front and back using a matte finish Mod Podge. Next, I added a pretty green ribbon around the perimeter so that it has a nicely finished appearance.
For my Santa scene, I masked two Magnolia stamps - Wishful Armchair from the Merry Little Christmas Collection and Santa Hands Out Presents from the Santa Collection. I thought they were perfect together! I colored the images with watercolors. I thought it would be fun to add some texture by using an embossing folder on the painted image. This has been matted on a Cheery Lynn Doily die. I backed that with the off white eyelet trim. Lastly, I added some decorative elements. Sparkly holly with berry corners, a tag with Santa's Magic Key, some pearls and snowflakes. I wish I could say this was an easy project, but it took a lot of thoughtful planning!
This will be available for sale in my Etsy shop, A Scrapper's Boutique, if you are interested!
The number you need to add to your total and send to Cathy is …
I would so love it if you took a moment or so to leave me your thoughts.
Now, you are off to visit Karen's Fun Blog
Have a good time hopping through the blogs! Thank you for hopping by today!