Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

I've missed blogging! I haven't felt that well lately, so that has kept me from scrapbooking - along with the holidays! I have a lot to catch up on! I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas and a safe and fun New Year! We had a fantastic Christmas with our DS who flew in from Portland. It is always a treat when he comes home!

One of the things I need to share, with apologies for being so late, is what I did for our Neighbor Gifts. It's late tonight, so I'll post the actual item tomorrow. What I gave all of our dear neighbors was a set of fun pads/liner to use with your special dishes or, in my case, my Calphalon cookware. I don't want the finish inside the pots and pans to get scratched, so I bought these liners to protect them. I thought they were so handy, that I bought a bunch and made sets to give as gifts. Here is the card that went with each one:

Photobucket


Photobucket


I created the poem for the inside and used some clip art for the image on the front and interior. The outside of the card is very festive because I used Doodlebug Sugarcoated cardstock in red and white. The large white scalloped circle, cut w/ a Nestie die, is all sparkly as is the red circle just inside the largest white. I added grosgrain ribbon and little buttons. The snowflakes are punched from the white Doodlebug Sugarcoated cardstock, too. It was a happy looking card!

I made my Christmas cards, too - but, alas, I forgot to take a photo of one! DAH! I wanted to get them out into the mail that I totally spaced a photo!

I'll be back with more tomorrow. As I said, I have a lot to share!

In the meantime, if you want a fun, quick recipe, here's one for you to try:

Easy Parmesan Knots

• 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (Grands for me)
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

1. Roll each biscuit into a 12-in. rope and tie into a knot; tuck ends under.
2. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
3. Brush with milk.
4. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
5. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; brush the warm knots with the mixture.

Yield:10 knots.

See you tomorrow with more goodies to share! I missed you and hope that you remember me! It's been forevvvvvaaahhhh!

XO,

Chris

No comments: