Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sweet Treats!

I have a delightful card to share with you today! The Hooked on Craft Challenges Blog is sponsoring a Sweet Treats Challenge! It's easy peasy! Just include in your creation the image(s) of something sweet. It could be ice cream, cupcakes, candy, etc., and may be found on your paper, ribbons, or other embellishments. Oh, I think this challenge would be one that most of you would love to join! I had a "sweet time" working on my project! LOL

Here are photos of the project I created. The first shot is of both components, the card and the treat basket that is filled with little Mounds bars (because the wrappers matched the papers I used in my project, LOL).


I love that little treat basket. I created the handle with two 12" paper scraps and a Martha Stewart border punch. The frosting on the cupcake, as well as the cherry, have been colored with Prismacolors and then covered with Kindy Glitz. Kindy Glitz was around long before Stickles glitter glue! When I first saw Kindy Glitz, I ordered every color they had and then some! I was a trend setter here in the US (not) by using glitter glue! The darling stamped images have been colored with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. You can find the stamped images at Hooked on Craft!

Here are the photos of my card:

Photobucket

I chose to cover the cake in Kindy Glitz so that the card front would look more festive. Because of reflection, it doesn't show the depth of the cake's colors. The yellow is very pronounced. I found the chipboard heart in my stash and thought it would nicely showcase the ribbon bow. The addition of the roses and yellow rosebuds finished the upper left corner. I kept the flowers in the color scheme of the card.

Photobucket

For the interior, top, of the card, I chose to use an assortment of flowers and leaves. Do you know you can color the petals with your Copic markers or Colorbox Ink Pads? Just gently remove the petals, color them, let them dry, and return them under the stamens. Glue into place. I also colored the tips of the white chrysanthemum aster with one of my yellow Copic Markers. I love, love, love calla lilies, so the light lemon colored one was a perfect addition. I've also added a length of Tim Holtz filmstrip as well as an embossed postage stamp to add more textures. That stamp is part of a very hard to find set of four celebration themed mini embossing folders that also come with the stamp shaped cutting die. You can find the Provo Craft Embossed Postage Stamp Set HERE. The owner does ship abroad. I chose to color the raised sections of the embossed stamp with Pebbles iridescent chalks. That stamp just makes the cutest embellishments! Inside the sentiment circle, I did add three stamp dots. One is yellow, one is greenish yellow, and the other is red. I couldn't pull up the brightness of the ink colors or chalk colors well at all. Sorry about that!

Photobucket

Here you can see the complete interior. I prefer to leave one sentiment area blank for a personal note. The white leaves that I used for the card are just wonderful! I keep going to them to enhance the flowers. I wish I had ordered a ton more. They match everything and come in four different sizes! Yes, they are also from Hooked on Craft. You should see the new metallic leaves that Karen is carrying. They'll be wonderful for Christmas/winter themed cards!

Photobucket


I used the following products from Hooked on Craft's wonderful selection of products:

Bear Stamps

White Rose
Red Rose
Black Rose

White Leaf - large
White Leaf - medium
White Leaf - small

Red Rhinestones

Doily

Cherry Blossoms
Calla Lily
Chrysanthemum Aster

Thank you so much for visiting! I hope you like what I've shared with you today and find that it has prompted you to join in the Something Sweet Hooked on Craft Challenge! The is a really nice prize up for grabs! Come back soon!

XO,
Chris

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Birthday Sundaes (ends 8/13) - Birthday Card
2. Here Come the Boys - Challenge #8 (ends 8/18) - Critters
3. Allsorts Challenge Week #115 - Red
4. Craft Your Days Away #26 - Birthday
5. Mark's Finest Papers #67 (ends 8/12) - Card Size Challenge
6. Send a Smile 4 Kids (ends 8/18) - Anything Goes
7. Card Makin' Mamas #26 (ends 8/18) - Birthday
8. Wags 'n Whiskers Stamps #60 (ends 8/18) - Sparkly
9. Little Miss Muffet Challenges #15 (ends 8/16) - Outside the Diecut
10. Amber's Crafts & Stuff #21 (ends 8/9) - Sparkle and Shine

29 comments:

Vivi Martínez said...

Beautiful card! Full of pretty details. Thanks for sharing it with us at Birthday Sundaes!
Vivi

NGCARDS said...

Fantastic work hun xxx

Gaynor Greaves said...

Beautiful, These are really pretty, thanks for sharing with us at craft your days away and good luck, Gaynor DT :)

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Chris, this is just an adorable project! Who doesn't love a basket with treats! How fun!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge. Good luck and I hope you will come back and play again with us!
Hugs, Sarah

Karen Hasheck said...

Wow- awesome card. The image is so sweet! Love all the details too. Thanks for joining us at Send a Smile 4 Kids! Please come back again:)

Riet said...

So gorgeous Chris.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Chris this is pretty gorgeous! love the bear and the fab rich reds! Thanks for joining in the fun at Here Come The Boys! Hugs Woo & Jacky xx

Cleota said...

These projects are lovely. Love the red and black, the embellies, and your coloring is great! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges this week!

Cleota
DT Member

Winnie and Patty said...

Chris--What a great card/project! And a great take on this week's challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Teresa said...

This is fantastic Chris, great card & image. Thanks for joining us at HCTB's Critters challenge.
Hugs Teresa xx

Janeen said...

what a cute little birthday bear and you whole card looks magical. Thanks for entering your fun card in the Anything but a regular card size with Speedy the Cat.

Jenny said...

ooohhh I love love love that treat basket Chris. Plus credit to you for keeping the chocolate long enough to take a photo :-) Love the detail in your work. hugs jenny

Mummylade said...

This is a fantastic creation Chris! Thank you so much for entering it in the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

Debs said...

Fabulous work - love the mini basket - just gorgeous!
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Annita said...

beautiful card and LOOOOVE the little basket. CUUUUTE ! And now you got a card ready for Hannah's first birthday teehee.
will write you tonight- went Scrapbook shopping... and you know what that means... ;-)
hugs A

Delphine said...

Beautiful work, Chris! Fantastic colours and your images are lovely! The little basket is too cute! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges! Delphine xx (GDT)

Natasha said...

Super cute. Thanks for playing along at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

Natasha

Carol Hurlock said...

This is so incredibly adorable...well you know me and my bears anyway-but your bears is a heart melter. How cute and sweet this is. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy's Friends challenge. It is a pleasure to visit and see your work. Hope you can play with us again next week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Kristie W. said...

Your card is adorable!! Love the image you used. Thank you for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

Mandy said...

These are both gorgeous I love them,fabulous colours and detail...
Mandy x

Jackie Thomas said...

Hello my beautiful friend. I'm trying to catch up on some commenting. You've done it again. Created another masterpiece. I think you've coloured the little bear perfectly (as always). I love the dp, all the gorgeous embellishments and the glitter on the cake looks fab. Beautiful inside and out.
Huge hugs xo

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, Chris!!! This could not be any cuter!!! I love the bright, vivid reds and your images are soooo adorable!!! Fabulous coloring and design! Love, love, love it!!
hugs, Sharon

sallysbitz2 said...

Chris, you have made a stunning card & basket x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

These are great - I love the colour scheme.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

Amanda

Tara said...

I love your embellishing! Thanks for joining us this week at Birthday Sundaes!
Tara
http://creativeprincess-homemadehappiness.blogspot.com

Shirl said...

Oh wow such fun and zingy looking projects, both the card and treat basket are adorable.

Thanks for sharing with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Katja said...

Thank you so much for joining our 'outside the diecut'-challenge at Little Miss Muffet! Your card is very pretty.

Greetings,
Katja (LMM-DT member)

cabio's craft corner said...

What a cool & fun basket and card set. It's a great creation. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Christine said...

These are fantastic, Chris! What a lot of work but they are totally adorable!

You haven't posted in a while, I hope everything is good, and you are off having a fabulous vacation :)