Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Magnolia Peaceful Tilda


Hello Sweet Readers,

Before I go any further, I want to announce who is the lucky commenter from my last Challenge Post of 10/22. The lucky gal is...

Suzan Laverty - #27


Congratulations, Suzan! Also, because you have my blog, A Scrappers Musings listed on "Blogs I Follow," I'll be sending something extra to you! Thank you for adding me to your list. Please use the e-mail address on my blog to send me your address. I can't send it if I don't know where it should go! LOL Also, if anyone knows Suzan, you might want to give her a "heads up!"

Today begins a new challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog! Our new challenge is...

A Winter Themed Project


This time, both Design Teams are posting together! You'll have double the amount of gorgeous examples to help get those creative juices going! I have to tell you, I am always in awe of my teamies' work!

I wasn't very happy with how my card turned out. It just looked better in my head than it turned out in paper. I'm thinking I should have framed Peaceful Tilda with a gold metallic mat instead of the brown. I didn't want to clash with the pretty angels on the paper, so I stuck with the brown. Oh well, sometimes I hit the mark and other times, I miss. I have a winner to post tomorrow, so do come back! Anyway, here is my card:



I was going for a vintage feel. Maybe I should have used pink background paper instead of the green. **sigh** The stamp I chose to use is Peaceful Tilda which is available at Magnolia-licious. I think she is so sweet. I added some real pine cones to the flower cluster, and added Fran-tage to the snowflakes and mat on which Tilda is stamped. The pearls are Kaiser and sparkle has been added using Stickles. A touch of ivory lace, some distressing and inking finish the front.

Here is a photo of the flower detail:



Next Monday, 11/18, Magnolia-licious is having a Holiday Blog Hop! I hope you will check it out and hop along. There are prizes to be won along the way. The gals have really been working hard to be Santa's BEST helpers!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you will come back tomorrow and see a darling card that DID come together nicely!

XO,

Chris

8 comments:

Julye said...

Very very pretty and love your colouring especially the candle glow and all the details thanks for sharing.

annemarie said...

gorgeous card

hugs Annemarie

Beth Brovold said...

Oh this is just LOVELY!!! The paper you have used is stunning and your colouring and frontage is GORGEOUS!!

Cindy :) said...

Wow Chris, I think it's absolutely perfect, the green paper is just as lovely as pink if your going for a vintage look and I also think the brown matt was the perfect choice because it goes perfectly with the brown pinecones, brown edges etc. Personally I think a gold mat wouldn't have meshed perfectly with the rest of the card and may have looked out of place!! don't be so hard on yourself, you didn't miss your mark at all. I love it, tfs
Cindy
cinpot@msn.com

Nicole said...

WOW, this is soooooo amazing. I love your colouring and all the embellishments are gorgeous! Hugs, nicole

Cathy Lee said...

Hi, Chrissy. I love this stunning card. Tilda looks adorable and she was my first pick of this collection. Love the card shape, flowers and snowflakes. They all go so well together.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Unknown said...

Hi Chris! Love this sweet image and your design is awesome. So beautiful.
Jasmina

Unknown said...

Hi Chris! Love this sweet image and your design is awesome. So beautiful.
Jasmina