Sunday, February 15, 2015

Moulin Rouge Tilda Loves You!


Hello Dearest Readers,

Did you have a wonderful Valentine's Day? I hope you and your significant other celebrated sweetly! We're coming up on our 40th anniversary (in December), and have had wonderful Valentine's Days. Right after we were married, my sweet husband gave me an IRON for our first Valentine's Day. THAT was probably the only Valentine's that ended on a sour note! I was so ticked! What is romantic about an iron?????? LOL He learned! One year, I found a beautiful ring on my steering wheel when I went to work in the morning. Another year, he bought me the car of my dreams! I've been spoiled. Oh, how I would love to have those days of youth again! Somehow, things get more serious as we age.

Today, I would like to share a lovely card that is for the Hearts and Flowers Challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Here it is:



I chose to use a purple, silver, and white color scheme for my card. I liked the addition of the silver metallic card stock elements - Eiffel Tower Doohickey Die from Kit #3, the small heart, as well as the border of the sentiment element are all silver. I added shabby white Fran-tage to the mat on which Tilda rests. Tilda moves! She's on a little springy thing! LOL



Here, you can see how she moves when flicks. It's as if she is dancing! It just makes the card front more interesting. I also used a small Arc de Triomphe charm which is hanging from the frame. The addition of pearls here and there finish off the front.

Here are some additional photos:

This is the inside top:



This is the inside bottom:



I think that this paper was so pretty. I just had to use it with this card idea!

If you haven't been to the Magnolia-licious Store please take a second and click the link above. Diana has some wonderful new stamps and dies in stock! Don't forget that you get store credit to be used when you JUST HAVE TO HAVE that special something and it's not in your budget! Well, you can get it with your accumulated store credits! I've done it and was so glad I had it to use!

I sure hope you like my French themed card! Diana is currently out of the standard sized Moulin Rouge Tilda, but she does have it in the mini size which would work if you are making a small card. You can find it HERE.

Now it's your turn! Won't you join the Hearts and Flowers Challenge? We'd love to see your creations!

Thank you for stopping by.



By leaving a comment, you may win a special gift from Diana at Magnolia-licious! If you don't join in, you just can't win! LOL



I hope you will return again very soon!

XO,

Chris

8 comments:

Brandi R said...

Gorgeous card! Fabulous coloring! Oh and loving the colors!!! ♥

Céline said...

Chris this card Is absolutly amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the combo and all the details you've added !
hugs
céline

Kelly said...

Chris your card is beautiful and full of lovely embellishing. I love your Valentine memories, so sweet even your first Valentine, lol. Thanks for sharing with us.
Hugs Kelly

Brandi R said...

Such a fun image! Beautiful card.....love the colors ♥

Cindy said...

ohh my goodness, an Iron for Valentine's Day, that sucks, lol, glad he learnt from his mistake and spoiled you since :)
Love your card, totally love the colour scheme, my niece would love it with the Paris theme, I just found the spellbinders die set today for 9.99 and scooped it up just because she's such a Paris fan, but I totally love that Eiffel tower way better, because I love hearts, this challenge has my mojo starting to perk up...I haven't been feeling crafty since Christmas, I've been so busy, sooo cold brrr (live in Canada)and sooo tired, I'm really hoping I can come up with something so I can enter this challenge, I love making flowers and love hearts, this is right up my alley :) tfs

Chris said...

Cindy,

Glad to hear I got your mojo going! Now, let's see your entry in the challenge! LOL I'll be on the look-out for yours!

Chris

Elins Cards and other handscrafts said...

What a beautiful card. I love every detail that you use.
Hugs Elin

Maria said...

This is just perfect! Love the colors!
Maria