Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tilda I Give You My Heart Mother's Day Card


Hello Dearest Readers,

Happy Sunday to you from the hot desert southwest! We've had lovely days if you don't have allergies to all the plants that are in bloom! LOL. Spring cleaning is done. My lemons have arrived from California and have been cleaned, zested, and juiced! Gotta have lemons before summer! It's a task to take care of them, but the results are wonderful! I freeze the zest in jars to use all year long. The juice is frozen in ice cube trays, bagged, and kept for when the juice of a lemon is needed.

Easter is just around the corner. Do you have anything special planned? Have you ever dyed your eggs using veggies? Oh, veggies can create the most lovely colors which can be changed by adding salt OR vinegar to the colored water. Salt is alkaline while vinegar is an acid. So, the same water will provide two different results!

Before I share my card, I want to tell you about the two NEW collections Diana will soon have in the store! It's on a preorder basis now, so if you are interested, get them before they are gone! They do go fast!

The first collection is called the 4th Graduate Collection. This collection has the two cutest America themed Tildas in it along with new grad images. These are perfect with graduation time coming soon!

The second collection is entitled "World Wide Web Collection." There are such adorable images included with this collection as well! I just drooled when I saw them! You will, too!

Today, it is Team B's turn to provide inspiration cards for the newest challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. The challenge theme is:

Pink, Pearls, and Lace!


For my card, I have chosen to use "I Give You My Heart Tilda" from the recently released Lovely Duo Collection. While I did not use the paired text, I thought the image would look perfect on a Mother's Day card! Here she is:



Tilda has been colored with Distress Inks. I rarely use just one color, LOL. I think I used four colors on her clothing! LOL. I shaded around her using Tattered Rose. Her hair was colored with Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, and Tea Dye. The paper used is by Maja while the card stock is Bazzill. I used the Doohickey Romance Tag die for the sentiment. The basket is also a Doohickey die which is from Doohickey Kit Vol. 2. I thought that flowers were just the perfect enhancement to this adorable die. The butterfly dies are from various die companies. The mat on which Tilda is placed has been elevated on pop dots. The pink polka dotted ribbon - boo hoo - the last of what I had - is from Magnolia-licous. There are two other ribbons. Both, along with the lace, are from my stash.

Here are two close ups:




The greenery in the basket is from Magnolia and is called "Winter Fern," I think. I'm also thinking that the pink buds are from Magnolia.

Well, that's about it! I hope you like my Mother's Day creation.

Now it's your turn! Won't you join the Pink, Pearls, and Lace Challenge? We'd love to see your creations!

Thank you for stopping by.


By leaving a comment, you may win a special gift from Diana at Magnolia-licious! If you don't join in, you just can't win! LOL



I hope you will return again very soon!

XO,

Chris

7 comments:

jackelien said...

Great coloring
Your card is great.
Huggs Jackelien

Karen said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card Chris!!!

Candy said...

Love your beautiful Mother's Day card Chris :o)
Big Hugs,

NPurdum56 said...

How cute Chris! Love it! Those die cuts are so cute.....Tilda is also a cutie! :)

Becca Cruger said...

WOW!!! I have to say that this is the most layered piece of perfection I've seen in quite some time. It's so frilly and gorgeous!

Karen said...

Very pretty card! Love all the die cuts.

Karen

Alice Loke said...

Gorgeous card! I love seeing how the doohickey dies are used! :)