Monday, July 8, 2019

It's Been a While!


Gosh, Guys, I'm not even sure I remember how to code this as I write! It's been forever.

How are each of you? We're OK. Some days are worse than others, but we pray, and pray, and pray with gratitude for each day we have together. I cry a lot. This is just heartbreaking.

Today, I want to share an easel card I made for our granddaughter. It's a birthday countdown calendar. She loves it. I used a Magnolia Doohickey Die for the tag. It's the lacy one with the perforation. I applied rub on numerals to each tag starting with #14 and down to #1. Then, after #1, it says, "Today's YOUR day! Happy Birthday!' To each tag's lower part, I stamped some birthday themed images. I colored them with Prismacolor pencils since it wasn't watercolor paper but card stock.

The ribbon is all sparkly and has shades of red, pink, and orange. I added some glitter to the edges of the mats. The flowers are an assortment of colors found in the patterned paper. I created a little tag next to the tags. I also added a present, ribbon, and pebbles in pink. Tilda with Birthday Cake was colored with watercolors. It turned out much better than I thought!

Here is a photo of the countdown card:



We were on FaceTime when Mom got the mail. I was able to watch my little granddaughter open the envelope to reveal the card. I was so impressed because the first thing she did was spend five minutes ever so gently running her hand over the card. She was in tactile mode, that's for sure! She is ever so careful with the cards. She also thinks that Tilda is her because of her blonde hair. It is so sweet.

Well, there you have it. It was a winner with a soon-to-be four year old! It made my heart so warm with joy and love.

xoxoxo,

Chris

I would like to enter this into the Forever Magnolia birthday challenge.

No comments: