Sunday, October 12, 2008

Utah's Weather is Wonderful - It Snowed Already!

Sadly, it didn't snow where we are because we're too far south, but it did snow 40 miles north of us! The high today was in the 50s and by Wednesday, we'll be back to the upper 80s again. *sigh* I love Fall and Winter. In the morning, we have the house open. Almost every morning, I hear geese and ducks squawking their little hearts out as they are heading south for the winter. They sound so cool! Our night time owl is back. We hear him in one of our trees at night. I just love it!

Photobucket


I'm not going to bore you with tedious chat. I don't even know if you read anything I write or not. LOL. It's OK if you don't. I get it. I would love if you left comments though. Everyone loves to get "warm fuzzies," and each comment is a treasure to me.

Here are some layouts I recently did. You don't want to hear the story behind them, do you?

Photobucket

My Silly Boys


Photobucket

3 Goofy Boys


The layout below is absolutely beautiful in person. The camera just didn't pick up the lime green and black very well. This is a shot of DDIL who participated in a sidewalk chalk art community activity.
Photobucket

Freedom of Expression


Photobucket

Machine Washable Boy


Again, this LO is so beautiful in person. The colors just didn't come up well. I used copper metal alphas and then ran copper floral rub ons up the side. I have given thought to removing the flowers. I'm not sure I like it. We filled our garage three times when moving here from Las Vegas. Hint - before you move, do get rid of almost everything! LOL
Photobucket

Moving Day


One of the things that we, as a family, did all the time was take day trips. The apple didn't fall far from the tree (well, actually, it did. It fell from the tree and then rolled right out of the orchard). I wanted to make sure that this family activity was not forgotten as time passes. By scrapping a LO about our day trips, someone will remember. The red grid is half of a clear acrylic 12 x 12 sheet by Page Frame Designs. I liked that it added something different to the LO. Then, I used acrylic alphas to carry that through.
Photobucket

Our Day Trips


Photobucket

My Guy


I hope that this little girl is smart enough to stay within the boundaries of the National Park! It's hunting season and sweet babies like this are becoming targets.
Photobucket

Autumn


I'll be posting some cards that I've been working on as well. It takes me as long to make a card as it does a layout! Is that normal, or am I just too pokey?

Thank you so much for stopping by. I love having visitors. The company that runs the map at the bottom of the page clears the maps each year. I was so sad that they cleared mine! I loved watching the little red dots grow!

Blessings to you,

Chris XO

3 comments:

Jenny B in Indy said...

Chris, your scenery and layouts are gorgeous! I love all your work. Thanks for sharing your blog!

Lauren M. said...

Wow! Have you been busy Chris. Beautiful LOs as usual. The picture of snow on the mountains is spectacular!

Kerry said...

That's a lot of layouts Chris, you have been busy. I take it the knee is feeling a bit better. As the other two comments have said - fab photo.