Sunday, April 27, 2014

Things with Wings Challenge with Magnolia's Large Butterfly


Happy Sunday to you, Dearest Readers,

I don't know why I begin most posts with a description of our weather, LOL, but we got RAIN! You have no idea how much we need water! The lakes are down - some done by 50 feet due to the drought. We've had very little snow in the mountains again this year, so the water is low - that's the water we use in our homes. So, when it rains, I am so very happy!

Today begins a new challenge at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog! This time, we would love to see **drumroll please**

Things with Wings


That should be a fun one to do, yes?

I'd like to share my creation with you. This time, I chose a very little used stamp - it's the Magnolia large (huge) butterfly. I haven't seen many gals use it over the years. I think it came out in 2011 in the Butterfly Dreams Collection. You can find this lovely stamp here. Here is my creation:



I chose to create an easel card. The image has been colored with Twinkling H2O paints so it has a metallic finish. I also used Magnolia pink dotted paper as part of the background paper. The butterfly paper is from my stash. I pulled flowers from my flower bucket, die cuts from my various dies, gorgeous rose lace, and a beautiful white lace butterfly. The sentiment is Magnolia. I used a Spellbinders' banner die for the sentiment and elevated it on pop dots. I also took the butterflies and the tag in the envie behind the butterfly and applied shabby pink Fran-tage. The sentiment on the bottom was created on my computer. The laser cut frame is from a wonderful little shop called Stay True to God. I covered the frame in Stickles Star Dust. I also used it to edge the sentiment banner. Here are additional photos:







I had graduation in mind when I created this. I'm not sure it would work, though. When might you use this card? Leave a comment below. I'll select one and send that gal a special something from me!


Have you checked out the new goodies at Magnolia-licious:

Prima Chalk Edgers- Great range of colors and priced just right! Check these out!

Exquisite Flowers by Magnolia - Oh my gosh, these are fabulous! You really need to add these to your flower collection! Wait until you see the color and variety Diana has in stock!

Sensational Summer Kit - What a wonderful collection of coordinated goodies - Magnolia stamps, Magnolia mini stamps, Magnolia paper, ribbon, flowers, doilies, and other perfectly matched embellishments! I bought this kit and it is fabulous!

Well, that's about it for today! Thank you so much for dropping by! I hope you will come back real soon! Don't forget to check out Magnolia-licious! Have a wonderful week and create a masterpiece for the Things with Wings Challenge at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog!

XO,

Chris

14 comments:

Céline said...

really cute card Chris, with lots of colors! totally love
hugs
céline

Marlies said...

A beautiful card Chris and a lovely shape as well. Your beautiful coloured butterfly looks great! hugs, Marlies

Flo said...

Your card is totally amazing! I love design, and beautiful coloured big butterfly ! :-) All the embellies are beautiful! Hugs, Flo.

Francesca Biancon said...

Chris, what a gorgeous butterfly!
Bellissima!
Kisses
Francesca

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh what a beautiful card! Is that a little zipper charm you've used? Love all the butterfly embellies you chose as the supporting cast for your beautifully colored Magnolia ?butterfly! Have...Barb

Candy said...

Your card is gorgeous Chris!
Big Hugs, Candy

Myra W said...

Freakin gorgeous! I had forgotten this beauty!

Nicole said...

WOW Chris, I just love your beautifully coloured butterfly. Lovely bright colours. Well.....the whole card is wonderful! Hugs, Nicole

Suzi Mac said...

This is an utterly gorgeous card Chris, I love that Butterfly and all your amazing details. Hugs Suzi x

Danoesja said...

Hi Chris
Your card is gorgeous with this cute butterfly in beautiful colors.
Hugs, Danoesja

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors so bright and cheery.

Karen

stampingwithpeggie.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card! You could use it to encourage someone looking for or who got a new job.

Karen said...

This is gorgeous Chris!!!

NPurdum56 said...

Oh Chris what a pretty card! I love that shape! Beautiful butterfly! :) Nancee