Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My Wild Rose Birdhouse Stamp Transition from Winter to Spring


Happy Wednesday to you, Dearest Readers,

I hope this post finds you happy and well! Let's see - what's good to share? Well, my little hummingbirds are as happy as can be! The feeders are being visited constantly. Now, I am going to say something, and I hope you will understand. Last week, or maybe the week before, the first hummingbird showed up where last year's feeder was placed - just beyond my scrap room window. There was no pole, nor was there a feeder. He just went right to the spot and stopped in mid air, fluttering his wings, where the feeder was last year! Then, he flew under the patio cover and fluttered by my window as if to tell me to get off my tushie and get out the feeder and nectar! Of course, I dutifully did that! Now, here is the thing. The hummingbirds fly south every Fall to where it is warm. This can be over 1,000 miles! When I think of how huge this planet of ours is, how the heck can a hummingbird find the exact spot the feeder was placed last year let alone find my back yard? The fact that this little guy went right to the very spot the feeder should have been told me he was one of last year's visitors. I am always amazed at life's miracles! So, that is my hummingbird story for now! **grin**

Well, it is my turn for "W"ednesday at the

Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!


Today, I am featuring a tag that I made with Wild Rose Studio's Birdhouse stamp which you can find here.



I wanted to get more bang for my buck with this stamp. How? I just modified the stamp so it would work for Spring and/or Summer. I did this by deleting the snowflakes from the air around the birdhouse, deleting the snow on the birdhouse rooftop, and changing the colors of the flowers. I also took all the little dots that are in the grass area around the birdhouse and colored them to match the flowers' colors. I was so surprised at how nicely that turned out! They look like flower buds now! (Shhh - I think I'm getting better at coloring wood, too! LOL) I don't think it looks wintery now. The addition of the Prima daisies helped me a lot, as well!

I inked the edges of the image mat and papers in brown. The papers are Pion Vintage Garden (in a light and dark teal green colors). I used a Marianne Design corner die on white Bazzill for the top and bottom tag caps. I also added some matching teal crinkled seam binding, a Magnolia Doohickey Die - Heart Swirl - which you can find here. The sentiment is also Magnolia. It is a mini stamp which you can find here. I love this little sentiment stamp and thought it would go perfectly with the birdhouse stamp.

Check out the new goodies at Magnolia-licious:

Prima Chalk Edgers- Great range of colors and priced just right! Check these out!

Exquisite Flowers by Magnolia - Oh my gosh, these are fabulous! You really need to add these to your flower collection! Wait until you see the color and variety Diana has in stock!

Sensational Summer Kit - What a wonderful collection of coordinated goodies - Magnolia stamps, Magnolia mini stamps, Magnolia paper, ribbon, flowers, doilies, and other perfectly matched embellishments! I bought this kit, and it is fabulous!

Well, that's about it for today! Thank you so much for dropping by! I hope you will come back real soon! Don't forget to check out Magnolia-licious! Have a wonderful week.

XO,

Chris

13 comments:

KandA said...

Just had to pop over from the Magnolialicious blog to have a closer look at this as it look's so gorgous. Such pretty colours and design. I have that stamp and will have to give the 'season change' a try out xx

Nicole said...

WOW such an awesome creation Chris!! I love the bright and happy colours! Hugs, Nicole

Christina C. said...

That is just soooo gorgeous, Chris!
I love those Marianne corners and all the stunning embellishments around that lovely birdhouse! Also enjoyed your hummingbird story!

stampingwithpeggie.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the transformation.

Anne said...

Such a beautiful birdhouse, great colors. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Candy said...

Hi Chris,
My goodness your tag is gorgeous!!
Great job changing it from winter to spring. LOVE those Marianne corners and the beautiful flowers!!
Big Hugs, Candy

Gail said...

Oooooh so pretty! I love the colors you used for this season, too. GREAT way to use our stamps more and not cost us a penny! Very pretty! Hugs, Gail

NPurdum56 said...

Oh so pretty! I love those dies! And all the flowers! :) Nancee

Karen said...

Stunning! Love the beautiful die cuts and the bright cherry flowers.

Karen

Sol said...

WOW.. Love your Hummingbird story.. Only heard about those.. Not seen one.. .. Ever...

Beautiful Creation.. Amazing Colors.. Love the stamp.. Beautiful colored by you... FAB die cuts.... and the result is Great!!

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Oh so sweet proect
thanks Cris for your visit today and tresured comment
hugs Tamara

Pat K said...

Stunning tag Chris. Your colouring is amazing and the Marianne dies look wonderful. I also enjoyed your hummingbird tale...tfs. Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog. The die you inquired about is Spellbinder Card Creator A2 Scalloped Borders Two. hugs, Pat K

Laura said...

Are you spying on me? LOL! Just kidding, but what a coincidence that you have made this gorgeous piece with a mix of colored flowers almost identical to the colors of flowers I am currently putting on my own project. This is just so pretty!

Laura C.