Sunday, November 27, 2016

Magnolia Tilda's Tinsel in a Tangle Projects!


Hello Dearest Readers,

Happy Sunday to each of you!

This past Thursday was our Thanksgiving here in the states. If you celebrated Turkey Day, I hope it was wonderful - filled with happy, loving voices, wonderful aromas of baking turkey, and desserts that were over the moon! For those of you who are not in the USA, do you have a day of thanks, too? I'd love to hear about it!

We have a new challenge beginning today at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Our theme is

Need a Little Christmas!


We would love for you to create a card with a Christmas theme! You may use any stamp that is carried at the Magnolia-licious Store for your design!

I'm still trying to get the hang of making gorgeous gift bags. I haven't found my niche yet. I do keep trying, though, LOL. So, today, I'm sharing a project as well as a gift bag in which to give the project. Both will be on sale in my Etsy Shop. Here are the images and brief descriptions:



This little treasure consists of three distressed wooden blocks with painted alphas. I added two adorable Magnolia Stamps from the Aspen Holidays Collection - Sitting Cozy Edwin and Sitting Cozy Tilda. The project was finished off with some Magnolia greenery (winter ferns, maybe?), some wide grosgrain ribbon, and "tangled" lights. It took a while for this part of the project, but it turned out so sweetly, I think.

Now for the gift bag, LOL. OK, I think this is the second one I've ever made. Don't laugh. Practice makes perfect, right?



I wish you could see the snow detail. There are lots of snow layers with each layer's edge glittery. I added some white snowflake embellishments, some punched greenery to tuck into the snow banks, and our little stamp of Me and My Snowman. The sparkle just isn't showing at all :o( . I finished the bag topper with some gathered lace around the perimeter, a snowflake tag, Merry Christmas ribbon, lacy ribbon, and a candy cane charm.

You know that Candy is giving one lucky Challenge participant a $20 gift certificate to the Magnolia-licous Store, right? If you want to take a chance on winning, then please join the challenge!



This project is for sale ----->

My Etsy Shop


Thank you so much for stopping by!

I hope you will return again very soon!

XO,

Chris

3 comments:

Candy said...

My goodness, Chris! What a wonderful card and matching bag! Your colouring is perfect! Your bag is perfect - would never believe it is only your 2nd one!! Your colours are so brilliant both articles stand out so bright and cheery.
You made yourself more work this time, but what a beautiful combination!!

Julie P said...

WOW! What a lot of work and so very worth it, I just love the sentiment and the lights, your Tildas were the perfect choice what a sweet creation. And a bag too, so very pretty, well done my friend , nice work xo julie P

Janie Printz said...

It just gets better & better... oh my word Chris, these projects are amazing!!! Love the little wooden blocks with those cute Tilda sitting on top & your bag couldn't be any better !!! That's a beautiful combo & someone is going to be delighted to receive them.
hugs, Janie